As we prepare to form a vision within our House Groups, I wanted to share some of my initial thoughts on this and the feedback I am already receiving and invite you in on the conversation of vision casting within your groups.
The people of God are at their best when they share a vision and work passionately and expectantly toward that vision. Prayerfully consider the vision God has for your life and your group.
I would like to focus on 4 key areas of possible visions:
- Reaching & Releasing
- Spiritual Formation
1. Reaching & Releasing
- Invite someone outside of Church to your group
- Learn how to share the Gospel message with others
- Have everyone pursue, pray, and dialog over personal opportunities to share the love of Jesus
- Serve a community partner and if already serving move to regularity in serving with your partnership
- Live a radically generous life together
- Contributions from each member in dialog with weekly topic/study
- Formation of gender based triads every-other-week
- Embrace transparency within the group
- Serve on a ministry team together
- Identify an apprentice
- Share leadership roles with others in the group (facilitation, hosting, outreach coordinator, prayer captain, etc)
- Release one or two families to start a new group – it is not dividing it is adding a limb to the family tree
- Leave the group under new leadership & start a new one
4. Spiritual Formation-
- Routinely ask, “What is God telling you to work on?” and “How can we help”
- Going deeper in prayer time and trying new ways to pray
- Dedicated prayer for each others spiritual journey
- Routinely celebrate how God is working in everyone’s lives
My personal top four would be:
- Challenging every member to be wise stewards of relationship in reaching people far from God (being salt and light) possibly even starting a new group for people outside of church
- Forming triads/accountability groups for deeper spiritual transformation
- Multiplying (ties directly to both of the above in the micro level) -moving toward sending people out to start a new group or being sent out yourself as a leader of a new group.
- Embracing a lifestyle of generosity
What would your top 3-4 group visions be?
What other visions for your groups to pursue can you think of?