Bill Hybels on Evangelism
And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
- Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders…people far from God watch the lives, the spirit of Christ-followers and it either draws them closer toward God or further.
- Let your conversations always be full of grace…your lead card is grace, kindness, understanding.
- Seasoned with salt, every once in a while you are going to need to take a stand.
- God has emotion for people who are far from Him.
- If I am growing in my walk with God properly, my heart will be more like His heart for those who are far from God and those who are “missing”.
- Become aware of other in every social situation we encounter. It could change someone’s forever.
- One of the greatest tragedies of the way Christianity unfolds in most peoples lives, the more insulated they become.
- Your job in any given situation is to play only the role the Holy Spirit wants us to play.
- Destinies are sometimes determined in a moment. It is which way we turn, this way or that way.
The greatest gift you can give another human being is an introduction to the God who loves them.
Don’t you want someone some day to say to you, “thanks for not giving up on me”.
Craig Groeschel on Evangelism
Mark 2:1-5, Ephesians 2:8-9
“A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. So many gathered that there was no room left, not even outside the door and he preached the word to them. Some men came, bringing to him a paralytic, carried by the four of them. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, ’Son, your sins are forgiven.’” (Mark 2:1-5 NIV)
The teaching of the Word is what brings in the crowd, not our creativity or our buildings or our “fantastic” leadership skills…
3 qualities of people who bring others to Christ
- They care enough to get involved.
-some Christians dont really like non-Christians
-our hearts need to break for those who need Christ
-When was the last time you had a non-Christian in your home?
- They are willing to do whatever it takes
– Do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Christ!
– do things no one is doing to reach people no one is reaching
- They are willing to offend Pharisees
– Mark 2:5-7 things closest to Jesus heart are most offensive to Pharisees
Really like Craig’s aggressive thinking!
Reblogged this on Praying for the millennials.
LikeLiked by 1 person