We are blessed to be a blessing to others. Here are some simple ways to challenge yourself to do this:
Intentionally bless three people each week through words, gifts, or actions. Be creative. Here are some ideas:
- Spend some time with a friend who is having a rough week
- Help a neighbor with a project or chore
- Using a hobby or personal interest, find a way to make new relationships with the purpose of blessing others
- Invite a neighbor or hurting friend to join a personal or family meal
- Respond willingly to at least one interruption that comes along this week
- Host a neighborhood block party or cookout
More Ways to Bless Others:
- Pay for the meal of the car behind you at the fast food drive through
- Bring a family meal to a sick friend
- Leave an extra large tip for a waiter or waitress
- Mow your neighbor’s yard. Or shovel it, depending on the season!
- Drive an elderly or handicapped person to the grocery store
- Pick up litter
- Offer to help a parent load their groceries in their car while they load up their kids
- Give up that great parking space!
- Pay for someone’s toll
- Donate your gently used professional clothes to an organization that helps people get back into the workforce
- Listen to someone who is going through a tough time
- Leave enough change in the vending machine for the next person to get a snack
- Donate art supplies you no longer use to a nearby school
- Volunteer at a senior center
- Do a food drive or coat drive in winter and get neighbors involved
- Have a game night (yard games outside, or board games inside)
- Host a kids movie night and give the parents some much needed time alone together
What are some of your favorite ways to be a blessing to those around you?
Reblogged this on Praying for the millennials.
It’s simple– but I text the sisters in Christ love letters or messages from God during the week. 🙂
Thanks for sharing! That is a good way to be an encouragement to others.
LikeLiked by 1 person