In June I finished a 3,000 page reading challenge which covered a larger number of books. Leaders are learners and I enjoy learning from a variety of sources especially in summer. Here is the list:
Reading Challenge: June
Books Read (Reviews or Summaries to these books are linked in)
- Naming Our Abuse: 160
- Journey to Heal: 176
- 160+176 = 336
- Brothers We Are Not Professionals (320)
- 336+320 = 656
- The Gospel Next Door (250)
- 656+250 = 906
- That’s Not How We Do It Here (176)
- 906+176 = 1082
- Discipling How to Help Others (128)
- 1082+128 = 1210
- What’s Best Next (352)
- 1210+352 = 1562
- The Seed (240)
- 1562+240 = 1802
- The Power of the Other (256)
- 1802+256 = 2058
- PROOF: Finding Freedom through the Intoxicating Joy of Irresistible Grace (224)
- 2058+224 = 2282
- Slow Kingdom Coming (149p)
- 2282+149 = 2431
- Dwelling Places Devotional (Summer) (86)
- 2431+86 = 2517
- Renovation of The Heart (272)
- 2517+272 = 2789
- The Screwtape Letters (209)
- 2720 + 209 = 2998
- 50% done with Simply Good News by N.T. Wright (105) as of June 30th 2016
- 2998+105 = 3103
While this was a fun challenge. I doubt it is something I can repeat volume wise especially since I entered June with a vacation/study week which I did alot more reading than usual.
So for July 2016 here is my challenge which will focus more categorically than by volume:
- 2 books on Healthy Relationships
- For me this will be a marriage book
- 2 Leadership books
- One of my Favorite categories to read from
- 1 Biography/Memior
- I really can’t recall how long it has been since I read a book in this category but we learn so much from the lives of others.
- 1 Book Written Before 1900
- I usually only read newer books but challenging myself to read some older classics.
- 1 Psychology/Sociology book
- Again another favorite category of mine especially psychology.
- 1 Fiction Book
- I usually don’t read much in this category but challenging myself to read more from this category.
- 2 Additional book in any categories
- For me this will consist of something in discipleship, missional living or spiritual formation.
Feel free to join in on this challenge! If a page goal is easier this should be closer to 2400 pages for July.